Doublefinish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official FIFA World Cup Thread

+11
macca
mattp
Dutch
Tommo
Dickie Mint
OnTheWire
Basil Clearwater
Ken
Pep
l'Assistant étroit
Tungy T
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Official FIFA World Cup Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official FIFA World Cup Thread

Post by Pep Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:33 am

Adidas-sponsored Lionel Messi winning the Adidas Golden Ball for his disappearing act during matches, there.

Utter farce.

Pep

Back to top Go down

The Official FIFA World Cup Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official FIFA World Cup Thread

Post by Montypig Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:53 am

gotta love the 'experts' analysis of why Arg lost. basically just blame messi. far more obvious than actually coming up with something.

also bit perplexed at the messi slaughtering im reading everywhere. he wasnt really bad,just not incredible. their other attacking players were shite. no doubt tho the team isnt set up for him at all which is a bit odd.

btw yes i agree him winning golden ball is bollocks and corporate shite

Montypig

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutch Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:03 am

The Germans winning is fucking depressing.

Dutch
Dutch

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Bananas Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:58 am

Messi started well but faded as it went on. He wasn't as bad as some were making out.

1-0 AET is the worst result in these matches. You watch nearly two hours without a goal and don't even get to see penalties.
Joe Bananas
Joe Bananas

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupid Stunt Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:50 pm

Quite nice to see the best side in the tournament going on to win it. Fair play to 'em.
Cupid Stunt
Cupid Stunt

Back to top Go down

Post by Pep Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:21 pm

Germany have reached at least the SF in 13 out of the 18 World Cups they've played in.  Just the 8 finals too, so nearly half the time they turn up they reach the final.  Owning the tournament.

Pep

Back to top Go down

Post by Pep Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:37 pm

The World Matchplay getting previewed on BBC Sportsday by the looks of things.  PDC slipping the Beeb a few quid to promote the event by the looks of it, there.  Excellent PR.  

'08:06
But before we focus on World Matchplay Darts, which begins in Blackpool on Saturday, let us recap on a wonderful and memorable World Cup in Brazil.
Welcome to Sportsday

Posted at 08:00
It's over. Terminado. Fertig. No longer will football be there to greet you on your return from work, to entertain you, to give purpose to those long summer nights. It was a brief encounter, but one which will be fondly remembered. But the best way to get over a summer love affair is to move on to the next one. Hello Blackpool! Hello World Matchplay Darts!
'

Pep

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Bananas Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:42 pm

I'd need a week of no World Cup to adjust so I'll be to watch Pieman & Co next week.
Joe Bananas
Joe Bananas

Back to top Go down

Post by macca Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:58 pm

shudder
macca
macca

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivor Biggun Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:10 am

i had germany in the sweep. where's my £50,000 prize?

Ivor Biggun

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutch Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:17 am

Ivor Biggun wrote:i had germany in the sweep. where's my £50,000 prize?

The Official FIFA World Cup Thread - Page 2 Black+man+with+money+2
Dutch
Dutch

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivor Biggun Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:19 am

Dutch wrote:
Ivor Biggun wrote:i had germany in the sweep. where's my £50,000 prize?

The Official FIFA World Cup Thread - Page 2 Black+man+with+money+2

that one of the ghana players getting their pile of cash Very Happy

Ivor Biggun

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupid Stunt Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:26 am

No,that's Darty's mate taking his advance payment for sorting the forum out. I'm sure he'll be back soon.......
Cupid Stunt
Cupid Stunt

Back to top Go down

Post by Pep Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:50 am

Seems that North Korea did in fact make it to the 2014 World Cup after all and qualified through the group stage to face Portugal...

Pep

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2