Doublefinish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things you wish you had done but haven't yet.

+3
Ken
Reddersisbent
AKA Topcat
7 posters

Go down

Things you wish you had done but haven't yet. Empty Things you wish you had done but haven't yet.

Post by AKA Topcat Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:26 am

I always wanted to be able to play a guitar and even purchased one once had it for a year then sold it never used it, can't play a note, I am in the market for one and an amp so I can give it a go.
Any thing you wish you had done and haven't or planning to do it.

AKA Topcat
AKA Topcat

Back to top Go down

Things you wish you had done but haven't yet. Empty Re: Things you wish you had done but haven't yet.

Post by Reddersisbent Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:37 am

AKA Topcat wrote:I always wanted to be able to play a guitar and even purchased one once had it for a year then sold it never used it, can't play a note, I am in the market for one and an amp so I can give it a go.
Any thing you wish you had done and haven't or planning to do it.

Fuck off.

Reddersisbent

Back to top Go down

Things you wish you had done but haven't yet. Empty Re: Things you wish you had done but haven't yet.

Post by AKA Topcat Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:40 am

[quote="Reddersisbent

[/quote]

Fuck off.[/quote]

You can do that any time you won't be missed.
AKA Topcat
AKA Topcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddersisbent Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:43 am

AKA Topcat wrote:[quote="Reddersisbent

Fuck off.[/quote]

You can do that any time you won't be missed.[/quote]

^^^^^^
Rattled

Reddersisbent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:47 am

will you pair learn how to quote FFS.

And topcat, learn it old chum its a great feeling when you accomplish that first song you want to play.

Ken
Ken

Back to top Go down

Post by AKA Topcat Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:52 am

Reddersisbent wrote:
AKA Topcat wrote:[quote="Reddersisbent

Fuck off.

You can do that any time you won't be missed.[/quote]

^^^^^^
Rattled[/quote]

Of course I am now jog on and get to sleep it's school in the morning.
AKA Topcat
AKA Topcat

Back to top Go down

Post by AKA Topcat Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:53 am

Ken wrote:will you pair learn how to quote FFS.

And topcat, learn it old chum its a great feeling when you accomplish that first song you want to play.

I take it you play Ken?
AKA Topcat
AKA Topcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:03 am

AKA Topcat wrote:

I take it you play Ken?

20 years mate. Never been in a gigging band though.
Ken
Ken

Back to top Go down

Post by AKA Topcat Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:16 am

Ken wrote:
AKA Topcat wrote:

I take it you play Ken?

How long did it take you to learn all the chords etc and start putting a decent tune together?
AKA Topcat
AKA Topcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutch Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:27 am

Learn to swim.
Dutch
Dutch

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:35 am

AKA Topcat wrote:
Ken wrote:
AKA Topcat wrote:

I take it you play Ken?

How long did it take you to learn all the chords etc and start putting a decent tune together?

still dont know all the chords! You have your basic 7, A-G, then there are variants of each note playable on different combinations of strings/frets.

Its a long process, you dont start banging out tunes overnight, although if you picked it up for an hour a day you should be able to change chords more freely within a week.

When i started playing there wasnt the internet as we know it now. Watch videos on youtube and look at tab sites such as ultimateguitar. Start basic and build your way up, by that i mean pluck 1 string at a time rather than try to complicate yourself with chords. Your hand will feel tight and crampy to begin with and the strings will more than likely dig in and cause a little pain but the more you play the easier your hand becomes and the skin will get harder.

^^^^ postchange material there lads!
Ken
Ken

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubberboy Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:41 am

Always wanted to be spitroasted. Any takers? Or givers I should say.
Rubberboy
Rubberboy

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheWire Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:36 pm

Played guitar for 30 years & have a nice collection of them. Also a nice electric mandolin that's good for only 2 songs.

Played solo and in bands since I was a student but don't bother much now, although had a couple of birthdays in the local recently where my crafts were demanded. Love it.
OnTheWire
OnTheWire

http://www.johnhelmet.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ReverendAlbertJobeWalters Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:40 pm

ALWAYS WANTED TO BEHEAD A HEATHEN!!
ReverendAlbertJobeWalters
ReverendAlbertJobeWalters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum